Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Biggest Joke in the World

I’m a big fan of funny reads. From joke books to comic strips to humorous satires…everything that stimulates my funny bone. You name it, I’ve probably read it. Little did I know that the biggest joke of all will be featured on TV. And guess what, I found it on the news.

So I was watching the night news when I almost fell off my seat because of a particular headline. It read: 5-ANYOS NA BATANG NAIWAN SA TAXI, IDINULOG NG DRIVER SA GMA NEWS! Kewl. LOL

Now seriously, what are he chances that you’ll leave a sleeping child at the back of a taxi? My, were the people the child was with that tired. And can someone please explain this to me: Does the cab driver really have to bring the child to a TV station? Surely he’s not another case of temporary amnesia to forget that easily where he dropped his last passengers. So what for? A good 15 seconds of fame? To proclaim to the world about his good deed?

Welcome to the World of Absurdity.

1 Comment:

ctdweller said...

I heard the full story over DZBB. The child's aunt had her hands full because of a sick Mom she had to attend to. Thus, forgetting there was sleeping child at the back seat of the cab.

Okey na rin. Basta nasoli yung bata diba.

Thanks, also for your comment.