Thursday, February 12, 2009

American Idol 8 Top 36: My Top Picks

Alas, after the grueling and intense Hollywood week comes the TOP 36. Here's the full and confirmed list:

Adam Lambert
Alexander Wagner-Trugman
Alexis Grace
Allison Iraheta
Ann Marie Boskovich
Anoop Desai
Arianna Ayesha Afsar
Brent Keith
Casey Carlson
Danny Gokey
Jackie Tohn
Jasmine Murray
Jeanine Vailes
Jessica Langseth
Joanna Pacitti
Jorge Nunez
Junot Joyner
Kai Kalama
Kendall Beard
Kristen McNamara
Kris Allen
Lil Rounds
Matt Breitzke
Matt Giraud
Megan Corkrey
Michael Sarver or Tristan
Mishavonna Henson
Nate McGee
Nick Western or Hendrix
Ricky Braddy
Scott MacIntyre
Stephen Fowler
Stevie Wright
Taylor Vaifanua
Tatiana Del Toro
Von Smith

Did your bets make it to the cut? Luckily, my top four bets were safely in. Here's what I gotta say about them:


1. Megan Corkrey


I hate it that she wasn't given much exposure during the past episodes. She might not be the best female vocalist pout there but she really has a very interesting style. Smooth and relaxing, something I truly like.


2.
Ann Marie Boskovich

Like Megan, she's also not among the early front-runners but isn't she so damn pretty? And don;t you just love her name? Ann Marie Boskovich. Sounds like Ana Ivanovic. LOL. But mind you, this young lady CAN sing.


3. Anoop Desai


From India with
pride. One of the most interesting contestants to watch out for. He's geeky-ness and coolness synergized. And I totally LOVE his voice! Pretty much having the same tone as mine. OK, that was corny.

4. Adam Lambert

For me he's the total package. Marketable looks and mad, MAD VOCALS! Man, this guy can rock out! And he's got himself in the in the spotlight right away as he happens to be, well, gay (Ha! Lots of my female friends went berserk with the news).

Oh-la-la. Idol 8 really is catching up on my expectations now. Based on my remarks, it's plain obvious that I think the boys will be the dominant forces in the competition once again. I know it's still way too early to tell, but I'll stick firm to this -- BOYS RULE!

0 Comments: