Friday, May 8, 2009

A Letter from Someone I Call 'Special'

"Badong",

How are you?

Funny that we always see each other everyday but I never get to ask you this simple question.

So, how are you?

I know you’re too busy with your summer job right now, leaving us with less time to talk and keep in touch with each other. Not that we have plenty of time before.

So when was the last time that we actually sit and bonded? I remember you were still in grades school then. You were very enthused about sharing your day in school. But how come everything changed when you reached high school? You became so aloof to the family. You were always locked up in you room. You rarely talked about your day in school unless we ask you. We don’ even know who your friends are. And you were the most hot-tempered person I know. There was a time when your father was teasing and tickling you and you reacted violently to that, smashing your cell phone on the floor. Naglalambing lang young tao.

But you’re not the only one at fault, though. I personally have a lot of shortcomings as well. I’m sorry if I always check on you. You can’t take that away from me. I’m your parent, and sorry if I’m a big time worrier. I’m sorry if I sometime fail to wake you up in the morning and if I sometimes ask you to take care of me. You know how bad my hypertension is. I hope I’m being a burden to you. I hope you’ understand tough that I’ve been a parent only once. I may be old, but I don’t know everything.

I miss you son. I miss your wacky stories. I miss your innocent smile. I miss your boisterous laugh. I miss you. Badly.

Well, this getting so melodramatic now. Anyway, you promised to buy me a cake for Mother’s Day. I’ll be waiting for that.

Mama

[Ayan, Ma, I put myself in your shoes. Now I understand better. Happy Mother's Day Mama! At para na rin sa lahat ng dakilang mga ina s buong mundo.]

PBA09o90p1no

22 Comments:

bampiraako said...

waaah.. ang S-W-E-E-T!.. Miss ko na din mama ko...

Anonymous said...

Totoong sinulat to ng mama mo? Sad naman.

Tell her you love her. And buy her a cake! Now na!

And tell her too that Nebz from Saudi says happy mother's day to her.

Enhenyero said...

di ba dapat ikaw ang magsulat sa mama mo? :) happy mother's day sa kanya...

Badong said...

hehe.. gawa-gawa ko lang tong sulat na to...let's just say i put myself in her shoes...

Happy Mother's Day din sa mga nanay niyo!

The Pope said...

Well that's so sweet naman, a blessed morning to you and a Happy mother's Day to your mom. Hey don't forget to give her flowers.

Just realized that you have a wonderful blog, and its my pleasure to have you in my Blog Roll.

Life is beautiful.

leomar said...

Hehehe, kala ko totoong sulat to ng mama mo. Happy mother's day sa kanya, tsong.

EngrMoks said...

PARE VERY UNIQUE NG POST NA ITO..sweetttt! @v@
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY SA IYONG INA!

Badong said...

hehe.. salama sa lahat ng nag-comment! Have a blessed week ahead of you!

admin said...

pare swit mo naman sa nanay mo..penge ako cake pag may natira ha..hehehe

admin said...

pare ganda nitong post mo ha.galing galing!!!.ngayon ko lang natapos basahin..happy mother's day rin sa mom mo and sa lahat ng moms...

Badong said...

hehe.. maraming salamat. sayo rin!

Xprosaic said...

Naks! hirap kay maging ina?! jejejjejeje..buti na lang di natin masusubukan yan! jejejejjeje... happy mother's day sa mama mo!

Badong said...

hehe.oo nga e.
Happy mother's day din! (paulit-ulit? hehe)

john said...

beautiful post now i understand my mom better

gillboard said...

nainggit naman ako.. di ako makasulat ng ganyan para sa nanay ko... waaaahh!!!

belated happy mothers day sa nanay mo...

Badong said...

belated happy mother's din sa mama mo! at sa mga mama nating lahat!

Millionaire@age20 said...

I can somewhat relate to this post! Hahaha. Thanks for this. It's like making me remember my relationship wid my momma! hehehe.

Gem said...

Cool mom mo! Buti nagsulat. Email ba?

Ang lambing naman - all for a cake - just kidding! :-)

Phuc said...

ang sweet naman.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.
cheap prom dresses 2010
Designer Handbags
Discount Handbags
Fashion Handbags
Handbags online
Cheap Handbags
<a href="http://www.ghdivs.com/>Hair straignteners</a>

Anonymous said...

I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.
cheap prom dresses 2010
Designer Handbags
Discount Handbags
Fashion Handbags
Handbags online
Cheap Handbags
<a href="http://www.ghdivs.com/>Hair straignteners</a>

Sildenafil Citrate said...

I have had those kind of letters and I appreciate and cherish them so much because you know they came from someone you think is special in any way, thanks for the nice post!