Friday, March 6, 2009

American Idol Season 8 Semis Wildcard Round

And going in to the top 12 are

Jasmine Murray

MEGAN CORKREY
Matt Giraud AND

ANOOP DESAI!

Surprise! Surprise! It's a Top 13!


For the individual performances:

1. Jesse Langseth- ”Tell Me Something Good”. It was OK for me. Nothing so spectacular. I like her voice but I totally agree with Simon calling her 'indulgent'. Haha.

2. Matt Girraud- ”Who’s Loving You”. Great vocals but he oversang it at some parts.

3. Megan Corkrey - “Black Horse and the Cherry Tree”. Love it. Love her.

4. Von Smith - “Sorry seems to be the hardest word”. Pitchy and BORING.

5. Jasmine Murray - “Reflection". Same as Von. Pitchy and boring. Anyway, she's in.

6. Ricky Braddy - “Supestition”. Wowowow. Nice vocals. But I don't think he would last if he goes in, which did not happen anyway.

7. Tatiana Del Toro - “Saving All My Love For You”. Again? I don't despise her, though. I think she has the talent.

8. Anoop Desai - “My Perogative”. A bit shaky but the hell I care?! This is so effin' awesome! Haha.

I don't know what's in the head of the judges for putting up a top 13. They could've just trashed Jasmine instead. Anyway, I still think last year's top 12 is way better than this year. Unless someone made something extraordinary a la David Cook and blow all of us away. Again, let's just see. But for the meantime, I'm gonna celebrate. Anoop and Megan are in!

3 Comments:

Nebz said...

Since the start of AI8, I thought Jasmine will be in because she has the making of an AI (parang si Fantasia). Nagtataka lang talaga ako bakit ang pangit ng performance nya. She was good naman during her auditions.

Hindi na rin ako excited sa AI ngayon dahil hindi naman nakapasok ung original bet ko: si Kai Kalama.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy Megan & Anoop got in.

Badong said...

NEBZ

Speaking of Kai, what's the deal between her and Megan? Or meron ba? I'm not sure if I'm just making it all up but he was shown after it was announced that Megan was in.

SOLACE

Yebah!