Friday, March 20, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire (Destined to Love It!)

Finally! I've been dying to watch the movie Slumdog Millionaire and fortunate was I that my friend has a (pirated) copy of it. Yipee!

As most of us probably know already, it's about a young guy who joined Who Wants To Be A Millionaire to find the girl he loves. He eventually won the game, as the questions posed on him were, for some twisted reason, all connected to his twisted life. But being an uneducated, (tea vendor) that he is, many suspected him to be a cheat. But in the end, the truth prevailed, he became 20 million Rupees richer, and he's with the girl he's destined to be with.

Love and Destiny.

Two of the loveliest words for me. Isn't it liberating to think that the one you truly love will always be with you no matter what because you are both written to be with each other? Ugh, I'm getting cheesy now. LOL. Although I have a slightly different take on destiny (I believe the WE make our own destiny), I still find it nice to think that there's a force that pulls us together and brings us to the one rightful for us. That everything was written right at the start.

After the film, I was left but smiling. I loved every bit of it (the dance number in the end was fun! haha). It just became number 2 (next to Titanic) on my list of all-time favorite movies.

Love India!

14 Comments:

Nebz said...

Saw it three times already (na-download lang ng kasama namin from Torrent). Kahit noon pa, alam ko malaki ang chance nya sa Oscars. Ganda ng music no?

Anonymous said...

maganda ba talaga? have a copy but haven't gotten the chance to view.

Badong said...

Yes! Super ganda.haha.I know it's pretty vague but it's the only way I can describe it.and yes, the music is so fascinating,especially in the last part.

EngrMoks said...

Pare hindi ko pa napapanood yung movie na ito...dati ko pa gustong panoroon...antay ko pa sa dvd...wala kasi akong hilig manood ng movie sa moviehouse...mas gusto ko yung sa bahay lang kaming mag-asawa tahimik at focus sa pinapanood namin. Maganda nga daw yung movie na ito kasi hmakot pa ng awards sa golden globe at oscar...
Pare na-add na kita sa blog links ko...check my blogsite...

EngrMoks said...

Pare bisita lang ulit kita upang sabihin sayo na ikaw ay aking nai-tag sa "Handwriting Tag"
check mo na lang tol blogsite ko for rules & instructions!
sencya na yol!! Have a good day!!!

Ron Centeno said...

Dalawang beses ko tong napanood. Ang galing ng writer. Meron din akong ginawa na post tungkol sa slumdog. Kahit maliit lang ang budget kung magaling ang plot, can't stop it from getting to the top. :-)

Mac Callister said...

i saw it nung manalo siya ng madami awards sa golden globe got so curious kung bakit madami siya napanalunan and i got my answers after watching the movie..

its a feel good movie..especially the dancing part at the end sooo fun i even had that song Jai Ho at my MP3 player hahaha

Anonymous said...

This movie will just not escape me! :) I've yet to see it but I keep hearing great things, I suppose I need to just hop on the bandwagon. Isn't it a musical or something of the like though? Hmm, I suppose I'll just see it some time this week.

You have a nice blog yourself :) Keep up the good work! Thanks for the post.

Badong said...

It's actually not a musical,but the end part showcases a dance number. Thanks for the comment!

Enhenyero said...

it's visually filthy for me...

Badong said...

Visually filthy? well, yeah, considering that it is a low budget film. But nevertheless, the story in itself is brilliant.

Dinah said...

i also have a copy but havent watched it yet. i read kasi the book and didnt like it :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so very much for taking your time to create this very useful and informative site. I have learned a lot from your site. Thanks!! I think you have done an excellent job with your site. I will return in the near future.
Designer Handbags
Discount Handbags
Fashion Handbags
Handbags online
Cheap Handbags
cheap prom dresses 2010

Sildenafil Citrate said...

since I sw the first minutes for the movie, I really liked it, the story is too moving and you can feel pity and happiness at the same time in the film, it's a masterpiece!