Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Very Happy(?) Birthday

Just a few hours ago I turned 19. Yes, it's my birthday. So what's the big deal? I'm 19! For heaven's sake.
Well, there's nothing totally wrong 'bout being 19. Actually, I can still imagine myself almost jumping out of excitement for my 18th birthday last year 'coz finally, I can do those things normal 17-year-olds and below cannot (e.g., voting). But now, knowing that I only have one year left before I say bye-bye to my teenage life, I can't help but dread this day. I don't know if you guys also feel or have felt like this before, but being called a twentysomething? sounds very ancient to me.
But on second thought, better be old than dead, right? I'll just accept the fact that people grow old. And of course, with age comes maturity, Sometimes.
Hmmm. I wonder what flavor of cake will I eat tonight. Yum-yum!

0 Comments: